Get your school copy CD and copy DVD done by Gold Coast Disc Copy
The end of a school year is a time when memories are shared and sharing them on a copy cd or copy dvd is a great way for people to remember the good times many years on. Usually is up to a couple of teachers or students to collect all the photos and movies to go on the DVD. These are the people we normally deal with.
Gold Coast Schools are this week sending their DVD originals in to us for duplicating one copy for each student. We try to maintain a 48 hour turnaround for school DVD’s during this time.
Here are some ideas …
To assist with this, I thought I’d offer a few tips.
1) Gather all the photos you intend to include into a folder then prepare a slideshow.
2) Copy the final slideshow file onto a disk or USB stick and get it to us together with the text and pics you want on the disc.
3) To get your video onto a DVD – that actually plays in a DVD player, as a DVD – requires several more steps and some more specialised software. Ask us for more details if this is what you want to do. We have done it hundreds of time so we can assist.
Copying or duplicating end of school year cd’s and dvd’s is easily and efficiently handled by Gold Coast Disc Copy with a quick turnaround. If you need advice then please ring. We are here to help.
The CD’s and DVD’s to copy can be supplied on a spindle, in paper of plastic sleeves or in plastic cases. We have found most people are happy with paper sleeves as you can see the printing on the disc label through a window in the paper sleeve. This means they can be given straight out to students when you receive them.
Videos you have at home on the Gold Coast in cupboards and boxes as cassettes whether VHS or Video 8 will soon be living in a home that has nothing to play them on. To save them for future generations they need to be converted to a digital form.
Now … knowing what to copy the tapes to is not easy but here is what we reckon.
- Get them copied across to a DVD so they can be played in the players of today
- A the same time get an additional disc with the films in a digital form
Thats what we do for most customers.
They get their VHS and/or Video 8 tapes copied across to DVD but because they first have top be converted to a digital form like .mov or .avi or more probably MPEG or H.264.
What that means is even when DVD’s disappear, and even their replacements disappear because they are in a digital form they can always be converted easily to what is a favourite at the time and there is a very good chance they can be played straight up for a USB stick or similar.
So … if you have tapes lying around, make sure if you get them converted you receive ..
- A copy of your video on DVD
- A copy of your recording in a digital form like MPEG , .mov or H.264
All you need to do is collect your old video tapes together and get them to us at out production facility in Worongary. If you have a very old format that wasn’t as popular we may need to borrow your camera to do a good job as we may not have the same model.
VHS players are no longer sold. Same with Video 8 cameras. Soon when they break and need to be repaired there will be no one to repair them. Before it is too late you need to transfer the recordings on your tapes across to a format that will be around in 20 years time.